THE CAR IDOLS BUT WON'T ACCELERATE

2002 Saturn L200 • 94,000 miles

I put new spark plugs in and changed Fuel filter also I cleaned the fuel intake and it still won't accelerate, it bogs down when attempts to accelerate, please help what else can I do
Charbaby377

Refer to this link for additional information: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-hesitates

Just to add to this one do you have any codes?That is your first step seeing if there are any codes I need the exact code numbers not the code descriptions. If there arent any codes I would then see what the fuel pressure is if thats good I would check exhaust back pressure. Let me know what you find.

Hello saturntech9, I cant drive it any where to get it put on the diagnosis machine, the check engine light comes on and goes off, I tried to pull out my yard and it cuts right off when I press on the gas

Charbaby377
If your going to diagnose this your self your going to have to go to the auto parts store and see if they rent a scan tool. Also while your there rent a fuel pressure tester and lets see if your fuel pressure is low. Code readers are really cheap these days I have seen a basic code reader for 40 or under. You have to choices here you can get the tool and we can work thru this or you can call a tow truck and you can get it towed to theshop of your choice. Even if I was there with you I would still have to check stuff and see whats going on. So it idles perfect and when you hit the gas it boggs down and dies?That could also be a clogged exhaust possibly.

Hello saturntech9, I have been pulling my hair out trying to find
Out what is going on with this car and I finally found out it was the catalytic converter, thank you for helping me to figure this
Problem out

Charbaby377
Your welcome thats what were here for glad you got it figured out.

Also you need to find out what causes the Cat to get defective-you find the problem not the cause-

Its so common for those cats to bad on those cars lol and really no reason for it I have found.