MY RANDOMLY WON'T START

2002 SAAB 9-3 • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 70 miles

After four trips to the dealer, my 2002 Saab 93 has the same problem: It will randomly just stop running (while driving). At other times, it just won't start at all, after I've been driving it around all day. It may run great for a week or three, then out of nowhere, it gets an attitude. The battery is new (in addition to many other parts in hopes of correcting the problem), all the lights come on, everything works fine, but when I turn the key, it sounds like it wants to start, but it just won't turnover. If I wait a while - anywhere from 5 minutes to 55 minutes - it will eventually turn over, although it struggles to do so and I have to pump the gas peddle over and over and over. Mechanic now wants to try replacing the throttle body. This is getting expensive, and each time the mechanics try something new or replace something, it will run great for a few weeks, then BAM, and we're right back to the original problem. My friend thinks it's not getting fuel. But it that's the case, then why does it run great some days and then won't start out of the blue?
Saabgirl40

DID YOUR MECHANIC REPLACED THE CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR, IF YES THEN CHECK THE FUEL PUMP RELAY, POST BACK AFTER TALKING TO YOUR MECHANIC, THE PROBLEM U R HAVING IS A COMMON SOUNDING ISSUE RELATED TO THE CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR, GOOD LUCK.

Mnthny4
As it turns out, I did some research online, and having no knowledge of anything car-related, I figured it was one of those two things - or possibly the fuel pump check valve. I humbly told the mechanic what I found online, and he agreed that possibly could be it. Well, they hooked it up to the computer and it didn't read any problems with the CPS. So he took a look at it anyway, and low and behold, he said that's exactly what it was. Said had I not mentioned it they wouldn't have thought to look at that since it wasn't showing any codes. I almost feel kind of car smart now ; ) Thanks for your reply! She's running great. Oh, and since I had it in four times for the recurring problem, they only charged me for the part - no labor. Thanks, Saab dealer and thanks for online forums!

Saabgirl40
GLAD TO HEAR U GOT IF FIGURED OUT, COOL HAPPY SAABING.

Mnthny4