WONT START WHEN COLD INTERMITANT PROBLEM

2002 Renault Laguna • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 63,000 miles

Hi, when I press the push button all the relays click as per normal, all lights come on and go out as per normal, steering lock disengages as per normal, but when the button is pressed all I hear is the relay click, and then after a short time the relay clicks again, I guess its timed if it dont start within the time limit,

if I bump the car its fine,
When the engine is warm, it can be turned off and will restart no problems, will do this every time,
but not when it is cold,
So dont think its anything major, just fed uop of parking it on hills,

Please can you advise.

Thank you

Simon
Simon228888

I have the exact same problem with my 1.6 laguna. Have you had any luck fixing it?

Mlynch1979
Hi
yes I sorted it, I replaced the starter motor but also check the fuse (of some sorts) which is directly on the plus side red cable, just as it comes off the battery (it should be a cream coloured box on the lead) about 1" long. Mine was split so I was getting no live feed to the starter motor as well as the altenator. So I advise you to check this too. Also if you replace the starter motor be careful you get the correct one, as there are 2 variations, the difference being where it bolts onto the bell housing. I assume yours is the newer shape. I hope this helps.
Cheers
Si

Simon228888