MY SOMETIMES WON'T START?

2002 Pontiac Montana • 140,000 miles

I have spark and fuel in the fuel rail. Have changed plugs and wires, fuel filter and starter. Weather does not seem to be a factor. Once the engine is running it runs great. My mechanic says he does not know what it is, he said we would have to start changing sensor. Do you have any ideas?
Jemfranks

Are there aney pcm codes. If yes what are thay. We need to know if we are having a spark or fuel. Problem. Check fuel pressure check spark @ the plug on 2 wires. Let me know how you make out.

Djcl
There are no codes, fuel pressure is 50 psi, checked spark on the front three plugs and I have spark on all three.

Jemfranks
Is this what you have when its not starting?

Djcl
When it is not running I still have spark and 50 psi fuel pressure.

Jemfranks
Are injectors working when no start happens?

Fixitmr
Don't know how do I test.

Jemfranks
You mentioned there is inject or pulse but not if there is spark on the front 3 when not starting. Check this and get back to me

Djcl
Noid light is usual test. You can buy or make your own. Someone mentioned harbor freight has set for $10

Fixitmr
Don't understand what you mean djcl. Fixitmr could a bad signal or short for the pcm be intermitant. I'm thinking it might be the injectors because the last time I had a no start I tried to get it started until the battery died and when I took the front plugs out they were dry as mummy dust. You would think after trying for so long they would be wet. Do you agree?

Jemfranks
Yes, I would expect them to show wet condition. Intermittant no signal/short sounds right.

Fixitmr
Page 1 of 2