BATTERY DRAIN EVEN AFTER REPLACEMENT

2002 Mitsubishi Galant • 155,000 miles

My car battery got drained out.I replaced with another battery. And that also died. My mechanic says hes not able to figure out the problem. Can you pls help me
Arch_89

So does the battery drain with the engine running or the engine off?

When the engine's off

Arch_89
And the mechanic says thers no problem with the starter

Arch_89
Did you a parasitic draw test on a car?

Also was the alternator tested and tested for a bad diode?

The mechanic told me that ther r no issues with the starter. He told me that I have to consult an electrician coz hes not able to find any fault

Arch_89
I asked about the alternator being tested not the starter. Also you need to have a parasitic draw test performed.

How long does it take for the battery to drain before you are not able to start?

There is a procedure for finding a battery draw like that.

You will need a digital ammeter and a jumper wire with clips on the ends to do this.
First rig any door switches so you can have a door open without triggering the interior lights and unplug the hood light. Remove one battery cable and attach the meter in series between the battery cable and battery post. Take the jumper wire and also attach it the same way. Leave the jumper wire on for at least 10 minutes to expire all the automatic timers. Now remove the jumper wire and read the meter. Anything over 50ma is too much draw. The way you locate this is to start removing fuses one at a time until the meter drops to normal level. This will be the circuit with something staying on. Determine what components are part of that circuit and check them individually until the problem is isolated.

Wrenchtech