ELECTRICAL PROBLEM

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 175,760 miles

I recently attempted to change the dome bulb light (which I have done plenty of times before) and all of a sudden I saw little spark at the connectors and then all my interior light shut down. I have no lights inside of my car at all, not even the clock and the radio which I just got install from bestbuy earlier this week doesn't even come on. Please can someone tell my what happened?
Kimberleewn

You have cuased a short circuit resulting in a blown fuse. Check the fuses in underhood fuse box.

I just checked all the fuses both inside the car and underhood and there are all fine except for the cigarette lighter fuse inside the car, so I replaced it but as soon as I switched on the car the fuse blew and I could see the spark from it blowing (a little spark). I am missing the fuse for what looks like an interior light, but apparently that fuse has not been there for a while and I still had interior lights.

Kimberleewn
Recheck the dome light bulb and its installation. If there is anything plugged into the cigarete lighter, remove it and retest. Something is being grounded directly.

I did check the cigarette light and there were some pennies stuck inside but none of the interior lights nor the radio or anything comes on. The ac seems to come on automatically now which as before if I cut it off I would have to cut it back on, whereas now when I crank up the car the ac is automatically on.

Kimberleewn
You need to replace the fuse and ensure that it does not blow when ignition is turned on, otherwise nothing is going to work.

I did replace the fuse and nothing still comes on.

Kimberleewn
Is the fuse blown now?
What are the lights that are not working?

The fuse is not blown now, but all the interior lights, the clock and the radio are still out.

Kimberleewn
Recheck underhood fuse # 13 (15 A).

That fuse was blown and now all my lights are restored thank you soooooo much.

Kimberleewn
Page 1 of 2