WHEN I TURN THE HEAT ON I GET SLIGHTLY WARM

2002 Mercury Sable • 109,808 miles

Air but nowhere near as hot as it should be. A/c and defrost work great. Heat puts out slightly warm air but not anywhere near as hot as it should be. A/c works great. Defrost works great. No strange noises. Want to try any and everything I can before giving in and taking it to a shop.

I don't want them to get over on me bc I'm a female in late twenties having to do these things myself. So please advise me on the possibilities and if possible an idea of how to do any suggestions. Thanks so very much!
Mel
Noellesmama

Check the blend air door. Make sure both heater core hoses are getting hot.

Also, I forgot to mention that the temp guage in the car works fine. Once it heats up, it stays in the middle between cold and hot as it should.

Noellesmama
Also check and test the thermostat

Anyway you could give me a little run through on how to check those doors and what I should expect it to be if it is working properly? I know I'm asking a lot, but having to do this myself. And I appreciate the help tremendously!

Noellesmama
And testing and checking the thermostat info plz!

Noellesmama