MAZDA PROTEGE ENGINE PROBLEM

2002 Mazda Protege • 80,000 miles

My wifes mazda check engine light sometimes comes on on occasion it will start blinking while blinking the car keeps running but stepping on the gas does not change engine speed of car speed when it stops blinking the car runs normal. The light comes on and goes off on its own sometimes the light does not come on for days at a time. I had it scanned and it came back with a 300 code, we took it to our toyota dealer and gave them the scan print out and had them do the 90,000 mile service this did not fix the issue and I took it back to them they went thru everything and could not find the cause, normally they are great about fixing any issues on the car and my ford truck also. I had a second scan done and got the same 300 code do you have any ideas
Rick1951

That is a misfiring code and it can be due to many possibilities. Fuel pressure, spark plugs and related components, PCM and bad ground circuits are some of the list.