MAZDA PROTEGE GAS PROBLEM

2002 Mazda Protege • 115,486 miles

My car overheats if I press on the gas for a long period of time. I filled coolant in the antifreeze tank on my car and the radiator. The antifreeze overflows out of the tank when it over heats and at the same time the radiator will be empty. Is this a thermostat problem? And if it is. Where is it located on my car? And how much will it cost? What should I do?
MzdaP

Have the system pressure tested for leaks. Do this first.

So go see a local machanic? And wouldnt I be able to tell of any leaks by looking under the car?

MzdaP
It needs to be pressurized to see the leak. Looking under the car will tell you that it is leaking but from where? Unless you have a pressure tester, it would be a big guess

Gotchya. Thanks alot. It just feels like I have control over the temperature based on how much and how long I press on the gas. I drove about 15 miles at like 2000 rpms and then it began to rise, I let it coast without pressing the gas and it drops faster than it rises

MzdaP