ES ; THE REVERSE STOP WORKING. TOOK TO MECHANIC AND WAS ADVISED THAT TRANSMISSION NEEDED TO BE REBUILT; GOT THE WORK DONE. AFTER WORK WAS COMPLETED I WAS DRIVING AND NOTICED THE TEMPERATURE GAUGE STOPPED WORKING. THEY TOLD ME TO BRING BACK

2002 Mazda MPV • 14,700 miles

Mazda MPV ES 2002; the reverse stop working. Took to mechanic and was advised that Transmission needed to be rebuilt; got the work done. After work was completed I was driving and noticed the temperature gauge stopped working. They told me to bring back car within 5-10 days and thought I would mention then. I took van back to mechanic and told mechanic about gauge but that also it would putter while driving as it had difficulty getting into gear while driving. They asked me to take back to them on the weekend, but soon after I left the mechanic the engine began to turn off. I wold restart and engine light went on and also the TCS light. Soon after the van apparently overheated, fluid began to spill and van would not turn on again. Would working on transmission be related to any of the concurrent problems? These problems were not existent until I got it back from mechanic.
Eliseoorellana

Maybe. They could have left something disconnected. Or cross-wired something.

Rivermikerat