RX300 A/C

2002 Lexus RX 300

2002 lexus rx300 a/c blower regulator not working. Only blows out on floor. Periodically hear a LOUD noise from under or behind the glove box. When we try to switch the blower from floor to dash vents. Does not work. Blows cool. But not where we went. Thanks!
Kyze

Hi: I live in SC and I had the same problem last spring. Unacceptable. The part is a vent shutter door servo motor. It is located on the right (passenger) side of the the lower center console. Remove the cover, and you will see black servo with wires attached. The lower one is for the upper vents (go figure).
My local thief Lexus dealer wanted $400 for the part. I ordered through the parts dept. At Stevenson Lexus of Lakewood, CO. Approx. $140. Plus shipping. I am no mechanic, but had the old out and new in in under 15 minutes. A/c has been blowing in my face since then.
Cheers.

Toddio