WHY IS MY MAKING A SCREAMING NOISE?

2002 Kia Sportage • 75,000 miles

My 2002 Kia Sportage makes a screaming noise when moving. Thought it was the power steering pump and had it replaced, but the noise is still there and even louder now. Could it be the brakes?
Hinrichsen

Noise present at idle?
Noise go up with engine RPM?
Location of noise?

Docfixit
The noise is not present at idle. The noise is there no matter what speed. The noise seems to be coming mostly from right front area.

Hinrichsen
Jack up front end inspect right wheel turn by hand see if noise is present. Does noise change during braking?

Docfixit
Noise stops when you come to a complete stop but starts again as soon as you accelerate. I will have to have my husband turn the wheel as he has the car right now. He knows nothing about cars, he is an artist, I probably know more about cars then he does. Lol

Hinrichsen
Maybe pads rubbing on rotor

Docfixit
Is that expensive to fix?

Hinrichsen
If rotor not damaged @$100

Docfixit
Thank you so much. Wish I could get my money back that I paid for a new power steering pump that the mechanic said would fix the problem. When it didn't he said it was the driveshaft, which we just had a brand new one put in by Kia 2 years ago.

Hinrichsen
What happened?

Docfixit