CLIMATE CONTROL

2002 Kia Spectra • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 30,000 miles

I have a 2002 Kia Spectra. The climate control mode switch won't work, I have no floor heat and no windshield heat no matter where I set the switch. This car has not been run for a few years before I started using it. Could you tell me what the cause of this may be? Thanks, Alan.
Alcaf2

Hi Alan,

Is the blower fan motor working?
Do you mean the air is not heated with blower working?
Have you cecked the coolant level?
Are there any indicator lights on the control panel?
Have you checked the fuses?
Do you have any other related problems?

Your cold hot control may not be working. Your cold/heat vent flap may not be functioning. Check your heater core hoses under hood for hot both in and out of core.

Fixitmr
If you have heat but just cant change it's output direction then your cable or vacuum line to your selector control is not functioning. Or the actuator is defective.

Fixitmr
I have heat, blower works fine, but can't change direction as fixitmr replied. Is the vacuum line and cable connected directly to the selector control? Where is the actuator located on this car?

Alcaf2
Check the rod from the actuator near the throttle pedal. It tends to be dislodged due to being py the driver's foot.

I am happy to say that KHLow2008 was right, my problem was the rod from the actuator was disconnected. I reconnected and it works fine. Thank you.

Alcaf2
Glad to know you have fixed the problem.

Have a nice day.

Thank you as well thats what was wrong with mine to GOOD INFORMATION!

Debado777
You're welcome.

Have a nice day.