KIA SPECTRA RADIATOR PROBLEM

2002 Kia Spectra • 134,000 miles

About two months ago my 2002 kia spectra overheated for the first time. Last week I changed the thermostat and radiator cap because antifreeze was leaking from top of radiator. The radiator was also bubbling from the front top left side. I got a tune up because my car has been dragging bad and has been shifting into gears slowly jerking. Two days later the heat went out n my kia only blew cold air. The next morning my car overheated for the second time and cut off as I was driving. It also has been making a high pitched ticking noise from the passenger side of car. I want to fix my car rather then junk and get another. I believe it could be head gasket water pump radiator n thermostat but which one would cause my kia to not start up? Thanks.

Not starting can be due to many possibilities and without any diagnostic tests, it is not possible to know what is causing the non starting.

The overheating could have damaged the ghead gasket resulting in loss of compression and the non starting. If coolant is leaking from top of raqdiator, the top tank could be cracked. You would have to replace the top tank or a complete radiator depending on its condition.