KIA SORENTO SENSOR PROBLEM

2002 Kia Sorento • 140,000 miles

Hello. Our sorento crossed the river. After that time the ECU is changed. Also the fuel tank is cleaned from water, and engine injectors are changed. Motor CRDI 2.5. Yesterday the car was starting and working for 10=20minutes and more. Today again after ignition it turns off. What could be the problem?And what other places should be dried.
Usersorento

The crank sensors. Check for trouble codes and it should tell you what to look for.

Sometimes starts at the first try sometimes after long time holding the start, and sometimes repeated trial can start the engine. Engine is CRDI. When started it automatically turns off after any time like one minute.

Usersorento
Have you checked for trouble codes?

There is no Code error. In the diagnostics there is no trouble. Check engine light is working properly. As I mentioned the ECU is changed. Could it be the problem.

Usersorento
If the ECU is similar to the original one, it should not be the problem.

We don't have any information on your vehicle engine system so I don't know what sensors are at the lower end of the engine apart from the crank sensor. Have you checked that yet?

You might need to have the scan tool go through the various sensors to see if any is working out of specs.

Usersorento
Cranksensor CKP, Page 94. Is the one you should look at. Accelerator pedal position sensor too if water had gotten into the cabin.
From the files, you can look through all the sensors and if any was submerged, you need to check those.

Ok thank you. I will try them

Usersorento
You're welcome and good luck.

When checking sensors, ensure the connectors are clean as water contamination can cause problems and have the charging tested as well. Improper voltage can cause sensors to fail to work correctly. Codes might not appear as some codes needs more than 1 trip to be recorded.

Changed the ckp sensor with another cars used one . after that before starting pressure was low then cleaned the HP pump, later the condition is like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2cGCPFHnW0&feature=youtu.be

pressure is measured by the tool for CRDI that was said to be ok. is there any nuances to measure the pressure properly ? should all the vacuum lines closed before starting engine ?

Usersorento