X TYPE TCM MISSING

2002 Jaguar X-Type • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 86,000 miles

Have a 2002 x type 2.5. I have read a lot of the tcm and this gear box fault. I see is very common problem on this car. My is showing up the same "gearbox fault" message, the car wont start the starter won't even move. After google it I ended up in this forum. I have read that the location of the TCM is the lower driver kick panel behind the fuse box, and guess what I think I am missing it. I looked at that place and the only thing I sow was a bracket with another module on which I think is the wiper's module and this bracket that is missing the 2 nuts, and I am sure its the one that hold the tcm. I dont know what you guys think, by the way I bought this car like this. Should I fix it? Is it the reason why it doesn't start? Please help. I am planning to buy another used tcm, do you thing it will work. Thanks
Francisco urrea