WHEN I START MY CAR THE RPM SHOOT UP AROUND 4-5,OOO

2002 Hyundai Sonata • 18,745 miles

I changed my spark plugs and wires - you have to remove the intake - I did laid over to the side. When I was putting stuff back together I noticed one of the throttle cables came off the throttle body. I finally figured how to re-attach I used the other cable for ref. I put every thing back together go to start and the rpm go through the roof- I shut off engine thinking maybe I had my iac and t/p sensor connector in wrong position switch and re-started same thing switched back same thing did this about four times. One time when I started it only hit 3,000 so I messed with spring on the side pushed up and it idled ok but when I let go it started going back up on the rpms. Can you please help it should be this hard just to change plug& wires. Thanks for your time
stephen
First-hyundai

Sometimes the computer has to relearn the proper settings for the IAC after doing ignition system repairs. Does the idle come down to where it should be?

Rivermikerat