I HAVE MY DOME/MAP LIGHTS INTEGRATED INTO THE REAR VIEW MIRROR AND THEY WILL NOT TURN OFF. DOES THIS INDICATE A SHORT OR IS THIS SOME WARNING INDICATOR DESIGNED BY TO INDICATE SOME OTHER PROBLEM?

2002 Ford Thunderbird • 65,000 miles

I removed the fuse for the interior lights, charged the battery and left it overnight. The next morning the battery was dead. I took the battery and had it tested and it showed to possibly have a bad cell. I purchased a new battery and installed it. I replaced the fuse and the lights would still not turn off. Do I have am electrical short or is this some indicator installed by Ford to indicate some other problem?
Ronmcbride2649

First you have to check to make sure all of your door switches are turning the lights off. And your glove box light as well. There are groundson both sides of dash but I dont' think this is the problem. Ther eis also a module in the trunk under the rear shelf. If all else fails unplug that until you can get a pro to look at it. You could also unplug lights one at a time until they go out, which I wodl start at map lights as they tend to stay on as well as hood and trunk lights. Those are usualy the big culprits.