TRANSMISSION FLUID IS LEAKING.

2002 Ford Taurus • 175,000 miles

Under the car, the spot where the fluid leaks has been approximatley the same size both times and it only does it when parked. It leaks slowly also when driving. I checked the fluid after the first time I noticed the puddle. It showed empty, so I filled it and as I was leaving for work the next morning, the same amount had leaked out AGAIN. I looked under the car and there is a pan that is flat on bottom and his is covered in the fluid. A few times, and more often recently, it feels like the transmission has slipped for a few seconds and it will jerk back into gear really hard. It only happens upon taking off from stoplight or signs, and once just after having taken off.
Pattersonbrandi25

Ok, what is the location under the car were the puddle is. ( E.I : front drivers side, drivers side in area of wheel)

A few areas of possible leakage.

Tranny Pan Gasket

Tranny line going toward the Radiator - Broken rusted or rubbed through line

Tranny front pump seal (tranny needs removed to replace)

Seal were CV Axle goes into trans-axle.

Obxautomedic
It is directly in the middle of the car.

Pattersonbrandi25
Ok, sounds like the Seal to the CV Axle at the transmission. You would need to get under it to confirm whether it's the driver or passenger side.

Also, you mentioned what sounds like the tranny pan (a pan that is flat on bottom and his is covered in the fluid) it may also be leaking, I say this because the CV Axles are toward the firewall about center of vehicle.

Give me the sub model and engine size and I will get a diagram for you.

Obxautomedic
Its SEL V6

Pattersonbrandi25
Here is the tranny.

Obxautomedic