CLUTCH PLATE IN CORRECTLY???

2002 Ford Ranger • 4.0L 6 cylinder 4WD Manual • 270,000 miles

Yesterday I replaced my clutch plate and slave cylinder, I completely bled the lines. The clutch pedal seems like it has adequate pressure to disengage the clutch BUT it will not. The truck is in gear currently and if I start it the truck moves. I was just wondering if I could have possibly installed the clutch plate in backwards… pulling the tran take allot of time I really don't have for awhile so any help would be appreciated.
B00gyman

Block the wheels and have someone operate the clutch pedal. You should be able to see if the slave cylinder is doing something while this is happening. If you cant tell by sight, listen very closely to the bell housing next to the slave. The clutch spring should ping when it moves. If it doesn't, hook a little vacuum hose or similar to the slave bleed screw, and put it into a clear container. Put a little brake fluid in the bottom of the container and make sure he end of the hose is covered in the fluid. Make sure to fill the fluid reservoir and then crack open the bleeder and work the clutch pedal. This will work fluid through the slave to ensure a proper bleed. Once that's done if theres still no movement of the clutch, then the slave you got could be bad. If it moves the clutch but the transmission still doesn't disengage then somethings preventing it from moving and youll probably need to pull the trans back a little to see what it is