NO FUEL

2002 Ford F-250 • V8 4WD Automatic • 65,000 miles

I have a 2002 Ford F250 with a 5.4 that will not pump fuel. I changed the fuel pump twice thinking the first one I bought was defective. Both the new ones and the original are doing the same thing, I turn the key to the on position and can hear the pump run but no fuel comes out at the tank with the line off. Any Idea? This is baffling me and anyone I talk to. Please help !
Cherzog

You sure the fuel hoses are connected properly-if so it should spit out fuel -double check your work

Thanks for the quick response but like I said the original pump was doing the same thing before I did any work which makes me think there is something else that would make the pump throw fuel also I changed the whole assembly that comes all put together not just the pump

Cherzog
Are you sure you're not looking at the return line or that you have enough fuel in the tank?

Wrenchtech
I am absolutely positive. I first took the line off at the fuel filter and nothing then off at the tank thinking it could be a blocked line. Nothing !Gauge reads over a quarter tank and covered the pump when I put it in.

Cherzog
Check the assembly itself and see if there is a hose connecting the pump to the rest of the assembly that could be bypassing.

Wrenchtech