PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT THE PROBLEN

2002 Ford F-150 • 163,000 miles

My 2002 f150 4.2l v6 is having problems. It will drive fine then lose power. U can floor it and it will not move it will only idle. Then it will catch power and go. It does this often now help please
HollySA12

Check fuel pressure.

Check for back pressure from cat converters.

Done did cats r fine and fuel pressure is good

HollySA12
Ok, what is the pressure on the fuel and the back pressure on the cats?

I am not sure my dad did it and he is a mechanic. But this problem has stunned us we have checked and changed everything. Lol. At a lost really I wanna say fuel pressure was 35

HollySA12
Did the car run hot?

Mikederouin88
There could be a build up of debris in the fuel tank when the fuel pump is drawing fuel it will catch the debris and cause low pressure put a fuel pressure gauge on it and check pressure as you are driving it

Tachains
We done the fuel pressure at autozone and they said it was fine for that truck. Fuel tank was cleaned bout 4 days ago we put a new fuel pump in it

HollySA12
No truck is not running hot

HollySA12
Got the EXACT same problem on a truck im working on, getting codes P0174, P1131, and P0135, not running hot, fuel press around 35-40 while driving down the road, when it stalls out to nothing, its still idling but wont accelerate, the fuel pressure DOES NOT change at all as this is happening, then after a few seconds. Vrroom right back to running perfect. What the hecks going on?

Miltondacusjr