FRONT BRAKE ROTORS.

2002 Ford Expedition • V8 2WD Automatic • 150,000 miles

2002 Ford Expedition RWD Eddie Bauer Edition. Need to replace front brakes and rotors (ouch !). Just need to know if the rotors are attached to hubs or these damn things are just rusted and stuck on and need to be beat the hell off. Thanks. Any other tips are welcomed. Have changed many pads and rotors on other vehicles and these rotors are the most stuck I have ever come across.
JM

Get a big hammer, more than likely they are rusted on, I've beaten on rotors that were stuck so bad it actually broke the rotor before coming off.

PROTECH1980
You should use a puller on those. They fit REAL tight on the hub on some Ford trucks. New rotors will be just as tight.

Just looked up the part and they are part of the hub on this model. Don't know how I missed it. I have to take off dust cover, cotter pin, nut, bearing, seal, rotor, bearing, seal. Can't find any torque values on that nut for reassembly though. I must have a weird model (maybe eddie bauer). Sound about right. Hope I didn't screw anything up by beating on it. I guess they can't turn it either since I beat the backside of it with the hammer.

JM
Example - Look at Autozone under my model. Only has 1 rotor. Looks exactly like mine. About $50. It is hub and rotor together.

JM
Rats. That's a lot of work, but a lot of trucks are like that now. If there's enough left to save, maybe it would be faster to have them cut at a shop with an on-car lathe. I have one but I don't have a hoist.