FORD ESCORT COMPRESSION PROBLEM

2002 Ford Escort • 18,000 miles

I have a 2002 Ford Escort zx2 that only has three of four cylinders working. Thought it was my fuel injector so we swapped the one that wasnt working and put it on the one next to it and it worked, so I know my fuel injector is good. Just changed my spark plugs and wires, as well as a new camshaft position. Just at a loss for what to do next. Thanks

Compression test should be first here as they have a common issue of valve seat collapsing.

I am having the same issue with my 2002. I replaced the head. New valve job and all. I have compression, and spark. Number 4 cylinder will not fire. It isnt getting fuel. Injector was replaced, the injector is getting the signal to inject, but I am not getting any bang. My mechanic cant figue it out either. We also pulled the injector, while it was out turned the key on to see if fuel was getting to it. The answer is yes there was fuel. Any ideas? Vaccuum hose wrong somewhere? Anything?

Dthhb0498