1500 TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

2002 Dodge Ram • 187,000 miles

I have a 2002 dodge ram 1500 that is having problems. If I try to pass someone, or accelerate rapidly on the highway, my rpms race and I lose power as if it skipped a gear while shifting. I can get it to shift if I let off the gas for a second. If I drive conservatively, I never notice a problem until I have to rapidly accelerate. I replaced the governer pressure sensor and solenoid and added a new transmission filter and fluid. I have replaced the TPS sensor and fuel pump as well. Recently I got a check engine light flash for a missfire code. I plan on changing the plugs and cables but I don't think this is related. Any ideas?
Littlemowiththegimpyleg

Have you checked the exhaust back pressure yet?

Yes, with the vacuum sensor.

Or vacuum gauge I guess it's called.

No with a actual back pressure gauge screwed into the o2 sensor hole?Its a lot more acturate if you have a partially clogged cat.A totally clogged cat will show up with the vacuum gauge.I would have it checked with a back pressure gauge that shows actual back pressure Psi reading.

I can get it checked. Would that present the problems I'm seeing?

Yes lack of power and having to let up on the gas a little for it to shift.

Ok, thanks for your help! I'll have it checked out.

Keep me posted.