WHY WON'T MY CAR START?

2002 Dodge Neon

Hi. I have a 2002 dodge neon. It overheated and stopped running in the middle of the street and had to be towed home. It will crank but not fire up but we bought brand new spark plugs and wires and the coil. It is getting spark and gas so why doesn't it start?
Momma0107

Is the spark a nice blue spark?How do you know its getting fuel?

Also any codes in the computer?

My brothers checked the fuel line under the hood and it spurted fuel. Im not sure what color the spark was cuz I didnt look at it and the codes said something bout the transmission control module and that there may be a pressure problem in one of the hoses but we didnt find any hoses with leaks

Momma0107
Getting fuel to squirt doesnt mean you have enough pressure for it to start. You have to check the actual fuel pressure with a gauge. Also its important to know the color of the spark if you have weak spark it wont start ethier. Also what are the exact code numbers not code descriptions that you have in the computer?I know its a lot to digest but since iam not there to collect and see the info iam asking for please bear with me.

I would also consider doing a compression test or a cranking vacuum test

Djcl
I dont know the codes because im at home and the car is not here sorry

Momma0107
Alright please post the info when you get it.