FRONT PASS DOOR

2002 Citroen Xsara • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual •

Citroen xsara. I am unable to open the passenger front door. Assuming I am able to remove the door panel, is there anyway to be able to release the lock to allow me to open the door.
Regards, Peter Bowles.
Peterbowles

You should be able to trigger the lock after removing an intrusion cover, I have done this on other makes, but not yours, I did find it easier to remove the seat this made removing the trim so much easier as well.

Mhpautos
Hi. Thank you for your advice. As this will be the third lock I have changed, I have the old locks, could you tell me where the release trigger is as it is not obvious on the locks I have removed.
Regards, Peter.

Peterbowles
Have no idea without seeing it, if you have a lock in hand, just have a good look and you should be able to nut it out, basically look at the levers, the one that is moved by the internal or external handle will operate the trigger, normally there is just a broken spring that fails, a close inspection will reveal this I feel.

Mhpautos