HOW TO CHANGE A SERPENTINE BELT ON ?

2002 Chrysler Sebring

We've taken the tire and shields off, how do you release the tension so we can remove the belt
Akinsella

What is litre size of engine? In the diagram, should be for 2.0 and 2.4 litre. Number 2 is the tensioner, the tensioner may have a 3/8 square cut out in the center, use a 3/8 breaker or long handle rachet in the cutout, pull to remove tension from belt.

It is a 2.7L, drawing is not like ours. Looks like I need a 1/2 " breaker bar and looks like two screws are holding the tensioner from turning?

Akinsella
Your correct about the 2.7, 1/2 inch cutout.

http://postimage.org/image/g37ncstkn/

Thanks!

Akinsella
How do we set the correct tension?

Akinsella
I can tell you what the database says. You use a torque wrench on the tensioner, apply 104 ft lbs, ccw, while tightening the other bolt. Tighten the other bolt to 250 inch lbs. As far as tightening to whatever you think is best, incase you don't have a torque-wrench, I can't comment on that. Either too tight or too loose, both are bad.