STEERING AND BRAKES LOCKED UP

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 10 miles

I went through some high water in my car, then my steering and brakes stopped working for about 15 seconds. So it happened the next few times I went through the water as well. So I stopped parking in a place that caused me to go through it. But even after not going through it for over 24 hours it happened again WHILE I was driving && I hit a telephone pole.
WHAT is causing my brakes tires AND steering to lock up?
Torrid_neg1

Is it possible that water is freezing? If so, it can freeze on the brake pads and cause a loss of brakes. Water will act like grease on the brakes and render them useless. It is common to have brake fade after driving through water. Disc brakes do a fairly good job of squeegeeing the water off but you still must test the brakes until they start working again. If enough water gets on the serpentine belt it can slip over the power steering pump pulley. You can not lose steering but you can lose the power assist until the belt starts working again, typically within less than 10 - 15 seconds.