CHEVY Z24 EGR VALVE

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier • 110,000 miles

Hey
i need to know all the specs on how to change the EGR valve in my chevrolet cavalier 2.2 z24. Where its located on the engine and the specs on how to replace it. If there is any torque specs for the bolts or anything if you happen to have a diagram it would be helpful as well
anything else you need to know to help let me know.
Justin1995

It's pretty much unhook electrical and vacuum if any unbolt and remove. We have no torque specs for the bolts, just don't tighten them like a gorilla, about 15 ft lbs would be about enough. Make sure the egr passages are not clogged in both directions. We have no pics of that.

Where abouts is it on the engine do you have any clue cause I look and couldnt find it thats pretty much why im asking all this

Justin1995
If it's a 3.1L then it's by the throttle body on rear of engine. It wil be a round looking thing with an electrical connector at top it may have a wrinkled like pipe going to it on the bottom if it's a 2.4L or 2.2. Lit doesn't have one

It dont have a EGR valve so do u know where the PCV vavle is and how to change it

Justin1995
Why do you wan tot change this in the first place?What engine is in it

It needs to be change because my engine is starting to over heat for one cuz its not getting arid of the gas's properly. Its a 2.2 ecotec engine it runs ok but over heats thermastat is fine anything else?

Justin1995
Ya have it pressure checked for internal leaks like ahead/intake gasket

Not yet thats a good idea ill try it but just hearing it run it sounds like its running smooth witch made my brother think its the egr or pcv. He's a licence mechanic im not but I do kno my stuff plus the scanner said egr valve so idk

Justin1995
Sounds like your brother needs some help too. I have no further suggestions.

Lol ya i'd be saying so lol thanks eh

Justin1995