2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic •

I have a 2002 Trailblazer that is leaking power steering fluid from a hose.

Here is a link to a diagram:

The leaking hose is the one connecting #5 and #18 in that diagram.

(I will describe it with my very limited mechanical experience)
The hose on the vehicle looks to be just a rubber hose with some metal crimps attaching it to where it connects. It does not look "special" like some of the other hoses there.

My question is what kind of hose is this and what can I expect to pay for parts and labor to get this fixed? I saw some power steering hoses online that were $100-$200 but this one doesn't look like those. It looks more like the ones for $16 for 12 feet.

Thanks for any help!
December 13, 2010.

I don't know which on the diagram you are refering to. There is a high pressure hose and a return. The high pressure is the expensive one that will bolt at each end. The low pressure (return) is clamped in place.

Thanks for the reply! It connects #5 and #18 in the diagram. I'll take a better look at it tonight and see if I can describe it better. Thanks!

Dec 13, 2010.