AFTER IT HEATS UP IT LOOSES POWER MISSES

2002 Chevrolet Prizm • 180,000 miles

I bought this car and it starts up and runs fine when cool but after it heats up it looses power misses. And then starts to knock was hoping you could

The front main was leaking but has been repaired idk if a bad injector could cause the knocking sound like it does in a diesel this has got me confused on were to start any help will me greatly appreciated ty
Joeyopt

Is the knocking sound your hearing when u are driven under a load of is it at idle? It sounds like u have something seizing up if its doing it at idle

It starts the knocking after it warms up and uder a load and after it starts it dont quit but at a idle rhe knocking sound will change tones and almost quite when the electric fan kicks on to cool the motor it has got me puzzled as were to start

Joeyopt
Noise problems are almost impossible to diagnose online and without understandning where the noise is coming from and unless you are able to describe the source of the noise and make us understand as if we are standing by the car, I doubt we can help much.