LEAKING CLUTCH FLUID AND WHITE SMOKE AND/OR VAPOR. RELATED?

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 95,000 miles

I need to refill the clutch fluid at least once a week, and I know that I likely need to replace the master cylinder or slave cylinder of both. However, in addition to the leaking fluid, I'm getting a white smoke (or possibly vapor -- I'm not really sure which) every time I run the car with the ac on. I'm not sure where it's coming from, only that it is not coming from the tailpipe. I had the oil changed a couple of days ago, and someone told me that it's possible that oil was spilled and the smoke is just it burning off, but I'm skeptical. There is a faint odor that accompanies the smoke, almost like burnt marshmallows. I'm out of work right now, and I really cannot be without a car. I'm just trying to get a handle on what the problem may be and how much it would cost to get fixed. Thanks in advance for any ideas/help.
Effie

White smoke usually indicates there is coolant getting into the combustion chamber. If you are using coolant, or it is low, check for issues with head gaskets.