BLUE SMOKE

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche • V8 4WD Automatic • 240 miles

How long would it be before I have to do major repair work to a vehicle (2002 chevy avalanche 1500 z71) with 240k miles that has just started emitting blue exhaust smoke?
Nyyank33

It's time now.

Wrenchtech
What kind of a response is that: OK, recession thinking/limited money. The vehicle is running fine with this exception. Generally, as an estimate, how long would you say I may have before it is constantly streaming smoke like that car on the road you don't want to be behind and you can't recirc the cabin air (6mos/1yr: moderate to light driving)

Nyyank33
The engine has 240K on it and is effectively "worn out". The blue smoke proves that. You already have low compression which will cause problems when it needs it most. If you expect to drive it until it stops on the side of the road, you aren't far from that now.

Wrenchtech
Ok thanks. That's what I wanted to hear. I like that reply and will use your services more often!

Nyyank33
Closing out question

Wrenchtech