CADILLAC STS BATTERY PROBLEM

2002 Cadillac STS • 128,000 miles

I purchased a battery in July 2009. It finally died. A mechanic replaced it on Saturday 3/2/2013 but it wasn't the right size for my car. Less than 24 hours later it too was dead. I replaced it again today with the right size battery. The car still won't start. The lights, radio, the little ding-ding that goes off when you open the door with the key still in the ignitation works but the engine does not turn over. It won't crank. Even with a jump start the car still will not start. Can you help me?
Works4me1

Is the security light on?

Did you have an extra key?

When you say security light do you mean the lights inside the car? If so then yes. No, I don't have the extra key.

Works4me1
There is a security light on the dash

Ok, I checked for the security light. It only shows momentarily, when the switch is turned to ON then it goes away. But, I'm still not able to start the car. When I turn the key it makes no sound whatsoever.

Works4me1