MY SES LIGHT COME ON READS CODE P0741 CLEARED CODE AN DIDN'T COME BACK TIL TODAY WAS BOUT 2 MONTHS CLEARED CODE AGAIN AN HAS CAME BACK BEEN ABOUT 2 HR

2002 Cadillac Seville • 160 miles

So I wanna know what can be the problem and if it can be my tranny oil thats low also my abs module is messed up and brake light is on could it be any of those things that cause the code to read no slips in tranny or leaks no stalling or any other problems
Ruben

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Reference Number(s): 04-07-30-034A, Date of Issue: October 13, 2009
Affected Model(s): 1998-2002 Cadillac Eldorado; 1998-2004 Cadillac Seville; 1999-2004 Cadillac DeVille; 2000-2003 Oldsmobile Aurora; Equipped With 4T80-E Automatic Transaxle RPO MH1
Supercedes: This Bulletin is being revised to update the Parts Information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 04-07-30-034 (Section - 07 Transmission/Transaxle)

Related Ref Number(s): 04-07-30-034, 04-07-30-034A

Condition: Some customers may comment on the SES light being illuminated and a chuggle or surge being felt when driving at higher speeds.
Technicians may observe on the Tech 2®, an excessive torque converter clutch (TCC) slip speed and DTC P0741 set as Current or in History.
Cause
This condition may be caused by seal damage that allows the TCC apply fluid to leak into the channel plate, causing excessive TCC slippage under certain operating conditions, eventually resulting in a total loss of TCC apply fluid pressure.
The TCC may have partial apply fluid pressure or no apply fluid pressure. If excessive slip speed is noted on the Tech 2® and the condition/cause cannot be corrected by using the DTC P0741 diagnostic information, then worn seals from slippage of the drive sprocket bearing inner race on the drive sprocket are indicated

When I took the code off yesterday nite it hasn't came back I checked my oil and it was low reads at the cold mark of stick while car was hot and idling so can that be the problem that the oil fluid is low? How can I check it precisely?

Ruben
Fill it when engine is hot and not running to the full mark-

The stick say to check it while idled do I? Also the stick say cold with like little ingraving and above it hot with Ingraving so if its hot already I put oil with car off and check oil with car off or on? If I check it cold should it mark between the cold Ingraving?

Ruben
Sorry, my bad fill it while engine is idling and transmission is hot-to the full mark

How do I check cold? Or it has to be hot

Ruben
It has to be Hot and while engine is idling then you check the level if needed at a little at a time till its on full mark-

So It should read in the middle of the hot ingravings right? Y does the dip stick have cold and hot on it?

Ruben
Its due to heat expansion of the fluid

Page 1 of 2