CADILLAC DEVILLE CLICK PROBLEM

2002 Cadillac Deville • 46,000 miles

I bought the car about 2 yrs ago and it had 26000 miles on it. An old man had it but his vision declined and he had to quit driving. Whenever you start the engine you could hear clicking from somewhere. We determined it was the mode door on the a/c However when the battery went dead and new one installed the clicking stopped and the a/c controls functioned properly The next time I started the car it started the clicking again and now that its winter time I only have windshield and floor mode for the heater. I also don't have much of temperature control, if I set the temperature to 61 degrees I get roasted out and, if I set it to 80 degrees then I freeze. I am thinking I have a ground problem in the dashboard area because I don't have good radio reception either. Can someone tell me where the dash is grounded, I have the factory service manuals however, they are not as good as they used to be at giving ground terminations or I just don't know how to read them anymore.
Abbypuppy

The a/c programmer motor sounds like is bad. Does the reception change if u touch the ant. Mast

Cadieman