02 CHUGGING STALLING NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT?

2002 Buick Rendezvous • 136,000 miles

The truck has been chugging and stalling for about a month now. Had check egine light on got codes said maf sensor, changed myself same problem and still check engine light, took to dealer when I did have check engine light on said bad catalytic converter got replaced at another shop as the dealer wanted 1200 ! Did not fix problem at all still same chugging and hesitating! Had dealer check again since was misdiagnoses they replaced connecter on mafs free still same problem. After towing from dealer to house I drove it around with the problem light came on agian had it checked, Egr! I replaced it and fuel filter samething still. So this is where I am the chugging is constant when driving but if you just about floor it goes fine until she tries to idle this is when it will chugg and sometimes stall out. If it stalls out it can take a couple trys to get her started again. Once started sometimes will act up right away and sometimes after a couple minutes of driving. Not sure what it can be now no check engine light on for the last couple of days im lost not sure what it can be! Check engine light works I see it flash when I turn the key! Help!? !
Dwhalen7

You need to have someone check the fuel pressure. It may be low. Have them check the connector under the backseat to the pump as it is common for corrosion and resulting in poor driveability.

If I check the pressure and its low should I change the whole pump itself or just the harnest.

Dwhalen7
I would investigate the connector first to see if it has failed before the pump, if it is bad

Had pressure checked it was low, I checked the connector and its was very corroded. Should I replace the connectors or try to clean them. If I have to replace them can I do it myself or should try to take it in?

Dwhalen7
Went to see if I could get new connectors at autozone. They pulled a harness with only one conector on it. Not sure if im asking for the right thing! Also checked some online store seen the samething! Is it only one of the connectors that go to the pump or do I buy two pigtails connectors and try to find the square white one. Cant seem to find a harness with all three on there! Guy from part store said there may have been a change from gm do you know anything about something like that?

Dwhalen7
This is a dealer item only and the connector is a common failure. They sell the piece you need for about 30 but you have to change over all the wires.

Is this something I can do as a novice mechanic lol! Or should I have the shop take care of it. And do you think this will fix the stalling and sputtering because I cant even drive the vehicle right now with these symptoms.

Dwhalen7
Cant tell you if it will fix it or not. This must be done and continue the diag. You wont know till this is done.

I suggest a shop to do this for you if you are not comfortable doing this. We charge 1.5 hours just for that repair.