BAD TRANSMISSION CAUSE CRUISE CONTROL TO STOP WORKING?

2002 Buick Park Avenue • 85,000 miles

I have a 2002 Buick Park Avenue, I love the car, bought it 3 weeks ago drove it from KY to FL and am having problems. My transmission needs to be rebuilt or replaced (gotten 4 estimates) due to "Max adaption shift" code. Shifting hard from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. My cruise control stopped working on the way to FL, I am wandering if the bad transmission is causing the cruise to not engage, or is the cruise control messed up reguardless?

Jmurrell55

Chances are the trans is causing the issue. Are you happy with the qoutes you got?

Well the quotes arent to bad, but the fact that the trans is going out after 1100 miles of driving dosent make me happy.

Jmurrell55
I totally understand. Is there any powertrain warranty that came with the vehicle?

No no warranty, bought it at a car lot as is, but would hope he would give 30 days for anything major. I drove it back home to KY yesterday and its supposed to be at the shop now which the car lot owner is talking about covering half possibly, also giving the option of buying it back. But of course I dont want to give the car back because I love it, so now im wandering if I rebuilt the trans and fix the other stuff (tensioner, shocks, wheel hub) will that be all, or is this just one bad car out of the million I see on the road? Guess its a decision I have to make

Jmurrell55
After having transmission work done and fixed properly, my cruise still will not engage. They said they cleared all the codes, and still could not get it to work. Is there something they may have missed, or is my cruise really gone bad, seperately from the trans issue that is fixed now?

Jmurrell55
Check the fuse for the cruise control. Does the cruise indicator light come on?

Rivermikerat