FUEL FILTER CHANGE

2002 BMW X5

2002 BMW X5 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 92000 miles

Hi there
I have a BMW X5 3.0d Sport Auto and have started using bio diesel. I was told after 2 weeks to change the fuel filter which I have. The car starts but will not get over 3000rpm. Dealer has told me that I should have flushed the fuel out before change but other people have have said not. Can you advise?
Karen
Karenferguson

The fuel filter is the correct one and is correctly installed, yes? There might be an issue with fuel delivery/pressure.

Dr. Hagerty
Yes it is the correct one however not OEM do you think that this would make a difference on the X5? The one we have installed was only around one third of the cost. Would the BMW original be better?
Thanks for getting back to me

Karen

Karenferguson
Non OEM filters are usually just fine and I would not have an issue at all. The problem here is the diesel power plant is not used in the USA market yet and all I can offer is generic advice. Bio-diesel is something I don't have a great deal of experience with.

Dr. Hagerty
Hi @KarenFerguson

I have the same problem as you over 3 years ago. Can I ask what was wrong with the car and how it was fixed?

Thanks in advance

Sean

Seanbage
NRP

Dr. Hagerty