AIR CON NOT OPERATING PROPERLY

2002 BMW E65 • V8 2WD Automatic • 150,000 miles

The passenger side on auto and individual excellent driver side meduim on auto seems cooling and heating on at the same time when switch to individual then cooling is 100% the other side 100% fine did sent for check dealer say I have to replace all the solenoids but again my question why working when switch to individual the gas levels OK pump working fine

another thing is that both air outlets on top of the dash on far left and far right only heating no cooling affect and underneath driver seat only hot air at all times please advise I don't want to strip the vehicle unnecessary

thanks
Willem
Willem

It sounds like the vent door solenoids are not working properly and either need replaced or repaired. What do you mean by "gas levels ok pump working fine?"

Good day
thanks for the advise but tell me what and where are this solenoids situated if you say repair what does that mean can I open this solenoids and maybe replace o rings or seals

the gas referred to R134a levels are correct
thanks
Willem

Willem
What method was used to determine "gas levels"

Dr. Hagerty
I took it to a autorised car dealer and they put pipes with gauges and test the aircon and the outcome was ac has no gasleak and pressures within spec

Willem
The dash cap could be removed to view the issue or you could take it to an independent BMW agency

Dr. Hagerty