WINDOW IS NOT GOING UP NOW

2002 Audi A2 • 73,000 miles

I have an A2 Audi car with the front nearside window stuck down, when operating the electrical switch the motor starts for a brief second then cuts out. I have removed the motor assembly & managed to raise the window manually, it is however very stiff. The nearside Front window is stuck down, I have removed the motor assembly and managed via turning the gear wheel to raise the window. The gear wheel was very tight to turn as if something is jamming. As I do not want remove the whole inner door panel unless I have to, I first ask what the problem can be.
Denjohfis

Lube always helps, alot of times if things work then it's just a matterof putting newlube on it to make things slide better. But checkfor pinching tracks or a bad motor. The window track may be pinching the window making it do this. Try some silicone spray on the window track.