I HAVE AN CAR WITH THE FRONT NEARSIDE WINDOW STUCK DOWN, WHEN OPERATING THE ELECTRICAL SWITCH THE MOTOR STARTS FOR A BRIEF SECOND THEN CUTS OUT. I HAVE REMOVED THE MOTOR ESSEMBLY & MANAGED TO RAISE THE WINDOW MANUALLY, IT IS HOWEVER VERY STIFF. WH

2002 Audi A2 • 73,000 miles

The nearside Front window is stuckdown, I have removed the motor essembly and managed via turning the gear wheel to raise the window. The gear wheel was very tight to turn as if something is jamming. As I do not want remove the whole inner door panel unless I have to, I first ask what the problem can be.
Denjohfis

Lube always helps, alot of times if things work then it's just a matterof putting newlube on it to make things slide better. But checkfor pinching tracks or a bad motor. The window track may be pinching the window making it do this. Try some silicone spray on the window track.