ALFA

2002 Alfa Romeo 147 • 85,000 miles

Hi, I have an alfa 147 tspark 1.6 2002, when the car is jacked up at the front on both side and you put the car into gear and foot on accelerator, the wheels sometimes stop and start and the engine makes a clunking/rumbling noise and shakes like mad. Just got timing belt, variator, rocket cover, drivers side drive shaft, front wishbones changed within the last week have had it a three garages so far? Thank you any advice would be really appreciated
Alfa23

With out any load on the wheels there is a lot of back lash noise, the stop start is just the differential action, if there is no problem driving on the road and no noise, all is good. Is there anmy problem with noised or drive when on the road?

Mhpautos
Thank you for your reply, yes there was a clunking noise when changing gears and slowly putting your foot on accelerator, also when at top speed the car started to shudder and noise got louder and gear stick shook. Only got drive shaft done today and noise seems to be gone when driving, the noise is now only when car jacked up. Wasnt sure if it could also be a problem with the differential. Also when car is reversing up hills it makes a dragging noise, as if you still have handbrake on. Also clutch is very heavy. Only have car 3 weeks and have put in half the money I paid for it so far. Just want car to be right driving not feeling really safe driving it at the moment

Alfa23