TIMING MARKS OF THE TIMING BELT

2001 Volvo S40 • 100,000 miles

Hi I would to get the correct position of the timing marks of the timing belt. (All marks, e.G: tdc and valves.

motor 1.6

yv1vs10k31f720201
Renato gomes

See if these are the correct diagrams.

Attached is diagram

Sorry I believe, KHLOW has the proper diagrams for the 1.6L engine

Hi I need to remove the belt (that is not a problem at all!) The problem is that we also need to remove the gears( were the belt moves, and then how do we know what is the correct position of the news ones. Should be some diagram for that correct? Cheers

Renato gomes
If the diagrams are not correct, they are similar. Before removing the belts, make sure you turn the crankshaft till you have the marks lined up accordingly.

After installation, manually turn the crankshaft 2 turns clockwise and recheck the marks. If they are off, it means you have not installed them correctly.

O the disgram is correct, but the geari mention is the crankshaft and the camshaft gears that I need to replace too. : (

Renato gomes
Why do you need to replace the gears? If you have to, after removing the gears, reinstall them and turn them to the correct position for installing the belt. No difference.

There is no guide on the cams to install the gears if you remove them. You will need the cam lock tool to lock cams in place. If the cams are not in there correct position you could damage the valves because vehicle is not properly timed. You can look for the tool online but will run you somewhere between $300-$600 dollars. The tool will come with the cam and crank lock. F you are trying to remove the exhaust cvvt and intake cam gear for an oil leak then replace the cvvt hub also along with the seals. Those things always start to leak after 100k miles. I Hope these info helps and good luck to you.

JIS001
Thanks for the info JIS001, it slipped my mind about the VVT gear.