01 VEHICLE CUTS OUT

2001 Volkswagen Jetta • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 158,000 miles

01 jetta 2.0 sohc, rebuilt head, installed car starts up and cuts out like no gas is flowing, starts up again, cuts out, all sensors and vaccum lines seem ok, any ideas, ?
Pearlhickory

Check the fuel pressure with a gauge if its within specs to rule out the fuel filter and fuel pump.

Hello rasmataz, I have 45 psi at rack before the fpr, I took intake off checked compression and 150 across all 4 cyl. I have a signal at the injectors with noid lights, removed rack and visually saw gas being shot thru injectors, looking for the correct psi on vehicle, at standstill, I did change cps after rebuilding, head it seems operational, as vehicle does start and I do have signal at the injectors. Need other ideas, have not located vaccum leaks either. Should run.

Pearlhickory
Scan it and retrieve any stored codes (and there will be codes if it's stalling)

You'll probably find that you need to replace the FP relay.

F4I_guy