TOYT , 2.0L ELECTRICAL BOX COST?

2001 Toyota Rav4 • 89 miles

2001, Toyt, RAV4, 2.0L

i haven't driven my car in two months (dmv registration issues that was just resolved). I needed to jump start the car to get it started. The car runs, but as soon as the jumper is removed, the engine cuts. Battery is pretty much drained/dead. The meters, gauge, rpm, etc is pretty much dead as well as they do not work when the engine is running.

fuses are fine. One was burnt out, but it was for a cigarette lighter.

i was able to drive the car (manual shift unlock) up a tow truck with my portable battery boost. Took it into a shop and they said the acid in the battery bubbled over and pretty much kill the electrical box? Junction box? He didnt' specify what box, but said that it needs to be replaced for $300-400.

I just want to know if this is correct and that I am not being overcharged. Labor cost is fine, but if there's a 100% increase in the parts, that's where I have issues because I could have towed it to a toyota dealer instead.
Sokrin

Take a picture of the battery and the "electrical box" they say needs to be replaced. It sounds to me like an uber dead battery and a bad alternator.

Rivermikerat