HI. I'M WONDERING WHETHER I SCREWED UP MY BRAKES IN MY LE 4 CYLINDER (2.2L).

2001 Toyota Camry • 125,000 miles

I went through the process of replacing some wheel studs on the front passenger side. I removed the calipers, the caliper bridge, pads, etc. At one point while everything was disassembled (the caliper was detached and away from the rotor and the caliber bridge and the rotor were removed), I went inside the car and pressed almost all the way down on the brake pedal. I've been told in the past that this should never be done, but it slipped my mind at the moment cuz I was trying to shift the car into neutral. Anyway, I put everything back together, except that I had a tough time getting the caliper back on. I had to force it on (hand force only) until it went around both brake pads, and then it slid over a little easier (although not very easily). I later read that I should have pressed the caliper piston in before putting the caliper back on.
With everything back on, I drove the car. It seems to brake okay, I didn't hear any unusual noises, and the only thing I think that may be different is that when the shifter is in drive, on a flat surface, and I release the brakes, I think it may not move forward as much/fast as it did before this whole repair.
Finally, my question: could I have screwed up something? From my results, does it sound like something has gone wrong, or do the brakes automatically readjust or something?

Thanks!
Zalmyc

Your good. You should have pushed the piston back but luckily, you got it back on. As long as they feel ok, your good to go.

Thanks!

Zalmyc
No problem