ENGINE PROBLEMS

2001 Saturn SL2

I have a 2001 SL2 Saturn with 145,000 miles, The other day I would stop at a stop sign and start up the car would*****. Then when I speed up the car engine would sound like a jet engine taking off a whining noise. I would drive it and all of a sudden the car would***** as the car shifted gears. Do you have any answers of what it could be?
NINAM7

What ever words your using or filter is liking and editing you. Iam not understanding what your car is doing?Something about a whinning noise and it does something as it shifts?Also have you checked for codes in the computer and checked to make sure the fluid level in the transmission isnt low?If the fluid level is low the transmission will make a whistling noise when giving it gas.

Did the car die when you stopped at the stop sign?Also can you hear that whine noise when the car is in park and reving the engine?

Sorry about that. I have checked the Transmission fluid and it is full. When I started to drive the car today the engine sounded like a jet engine was taking off. As I revieved it to go faster it******* the car and then the noise stopped. It did not die when I was at a stop. No I don't hear the whine noise when I have it it park. I did have the car in the drive way and my wife through the gears with the hood open and the whole engine moved. I don't know know if that is what is suppose to happen but it made like a clicking noise while doing it than it stopped after about 2 of three times of shift the gears from park to drive. I hope this helps out alittle bit better.

NINAM7
***** I was trying to say it was a jer king feeling to the car

NINAM7
The engine and transmission will move some when putting it in and out of gear. As far as the clicking when going from park to drive you will hear the parking pawl releasing and engaging as well as the reverse servo piston moving which is pretty loud. So the car is******** while driving?Is it worse with the a/c on if the a/c works?Also have you had it scanned for codes?Also the whinning noise is it only while in fourth gear while pressing the gas?