SATURN SL1 CLICK PROBLEM

2001 Saturn SL1 • 120,070 miles

Sometimes when I start my car up, I hear a quiet, rapid "click click click click click--click click click click click" noise. I don't know what it is some people told me it might be a belt? Please help, I love this car and want to get it fixed before anything bad happens.
Zackgomolski

Have you checked the oil level?Where is the clicking coming from?

Yes, the oil is full and the sound is coming from the engine. IDK why it is doing this but it is not a noise that happens all the time, but only sometimes; I drive the car over 40 miles a day.

Zackgomolski
Is this when starting or when engine is running?

Mhpautos
Both : (

Zackgomolski
Is the noise coming from the top of the engine or the bottom of the engine?

It is pretty hard to tell, but I believe the top. THe noise hasnt happend for a while though.

Zackgomolski
If it's the top you could have some bad lifters or there gummed up from lack of maintaince.I have seen some lifter plates break and cause the lifter to turn the wrong way and damage the cam.

Hmm ok I will see; I just got them replaced if they are what I think they are. Thanks

Zackgomolski
Alright keep posted.

Will do

Zackgomolski