P0410 CODE

2001 Saturn SL1 • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 85,000 miles

I have a 2001 Saturn SL1 SOC and recently my SES light started coming on and off irregularly, showing a P0410 code. The SAI system works great (all lines ok, check valves operational, etc.) But kicks on sometimes when I come to a stop, especially after getting off the highway, causing the light to come on again. I have replaced the TPS, IAC valve, MAP sensor, the pre-CAT oxygen sensor, engine coolant temp. Sensor, the battery, and cleaned the throttle body and exhaust manifold. The car idles low (500 RPMs) when warm. Is that normal or related? Any ideas on what to try next?
Tmmurphytim

Recheck your hoses for cracks and being soft so they don't suck to gether. Also check for a vacuum leak. This also means the air duct going to the throttle body. YOu might also try cleaning the throttle plate with choke cleaneron both sides as it tends to gum up with oil and junk. That may help your idle. Also spray the IAC hole. If the hoses and eveyrthing is ok, then it has to be scanned andfreeze frame data has to be tried to find the problem.

I checked all of the hoses/lines and they are okay. I also checked thoroughly for vacuum leaks and found none, and the throttle plate was cleaned when I took it off the first time, as well as the IAC hole. What is freeze frame data? I assume it has to be done at the dealership, right? Any idea on the cost? Thanks for you help, it is appreciated.

Tmmurphytim
Any repair shop that has a scanner can take the freeze frame data if they have a good scanner. You don't have to go to a dealer to get it done. The freeze frame data should tell when it happened andwaht caused the problem. The secondary air system is whats wrong with your car and if they have a good scanner they should be able to turn the pump on and off tofind out exactly whats wrong. If not a dealer can turn the pupm pon and off to test the system.